Tuesday, October 16, 2007

~~Octobers Artsy Essay~~

For Judith HeartSong October Artsy Essay Contest. Go here to try your hand at this months topic. Judith HeartSong: October's Artsy Essay ~ with a Guest Panel!

This months topic : Describe Your Ideal Day

~~Play Me While You Read~~

I sit alone in darkness with my eye's tightly closed and dream of white light surrounding me, embracing me, enveloping me. It seeps into every pore. Slowly making it's way throughout my body. I can feel it traveling like a current through my veins. The further it travels the more the darkness fades.

I yearn for the light, for so long now it has eluded me. I walk in darkness. My days pass out of survival alone. Sometimes the light seems almost in reach, I can almost feel its comforting warmth, yet most times the light seems to be so far away that it may never reach my soul. I struggle with the darkness fighting to break free. No matter how thick the deep vale is I never give up because I know someday I will succeed.

The darkness will evaporate in a blinding ray of light. The warmth will consume me and my soul will take flight. Creativity will blossom and words will no longer be afraid to soar. The white light of love and happiness is what I shall adore.

In it's warm embrace, the white light sets me free. For the first time in my life I can truly be, who I was always meant to be. With my wings stretched far and wide, I leap, I soar, I fly. Into the great unknown with a life I can now call my own.

~~This is my perfect day ... A day where nothing else matter and I can just be me... something I fight with all the time. A day where I am surrounded with positiveness, creativity, love and happiness. Where being bottled up all the time is not a way of life.. Just the freedom to be me.

12 comments:

Judith HeartSong said...

Good for you Kristal. Thanks for writing and sharing what's important. Your ideal day sounds wonderful and I know you will get there!

Colleen said...

This was a great entry, I enjoyed reading it! Very descriptive :)
~Colleen :)

~~Kristal~~ said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments..

Anonymous said...

That was wonderful! I do Tai Chi, Qi Gong & Yoga & meditation & it reminded me of the meditations I do. Remember it can be the darkness and the things not so great in the world which is the path to the white light! The imperfection of the world is just perfect sometimes! :-)

Stacy said...

I LOVE YOU MY FRIEND !!!
http://moremomentarymutterings.blogspot.com/

Karlene said...

This type of visualization is a great way to lift your mood. I need to remember to do it more often. Sounds like a great day.

Lena said...

You'll have your day and many more will follow it!

Cuidado said...

It's what we all strive for. I am responding to the comment that you made on my blog for the Judith Heartsong contest. You mentioned something about my words. i have no words other than song links. Each one of these lines is a different song that you can listen to.
http://photosandpursuits.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Kristal,

I cannot begin to tell you how much this entry touched me. Thank you so much for sharing a brutally honest, but beautiful side of you.

Remember that it's always darkest before dawn, and your dawn will come.

~Heather
http://singingwithmyheart.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

A Perfect Day Kristal! Freedom to soar and search and be yourself. Sometimes a quality as ellusive as the sun on a rainy day.
Good luck!
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written, your words ae evocative and descriptive. The music compliments your words so well. I am a fan of Loreena McKennit; her haunting voice fits the mood of your words so perfectly. Well done!--Sheria

Anonymous said...

I apologize if my comment shows up twice, but I don't think that my first attempt took! I really like your entry, especially the way the music and your words compliment each other. Mckennit has such ahaunting voice and that ethereal quality works very well with the meditative quality of your essay. Very well done.--Sheria