Sunday, September 14, 2008

~~Dreams~~

I had a dream the night before last.. To personal and intense for me to write here. However I woke up with a song and a question looming in my mind. The song is by the Bee Gees called


"I've Gotta Get a Message to You"

The chorus is as follows

I've just got to get a message to you,

hold on, hold on.

One more hour and my life will be through,

hold on, hold on.


So, if you could only write one letter to one person. whom, would it be and why?

Not an easy question to answer. It takes a lot of soul searching to answer this question.

I have members of my family that have Alzheimer's and I take after that side of the family a lot. So I always have said if I was ever diagnosed with this that I would take the time while I could and write letter to all those I love so they know exactly how I feel about them and I would also make a video and talk to them. Tell them with my own words how I feel and word of wisdom I want to leave behind. This is the person I want them to remember and the person I was not to mourn the person I will become. I would not be able to control the future but I can leave them with wonderful memories to hold on to long after my mind has left me.

But given only the choice to write one letter at those last moments is a very intense and personal choice. I am not asking any one who might stumble upon this entry to leave me their answer. But more to think for themselves and to reach deep inside yourself for an answer. Your ultimate answer may surprise you.

Have a wonderful and blessed day

No comments: