Saturday, March 14, 2009

~~Peace~~




~~Peace~~
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work.
It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.
~~Unknown~~


I made this from a 8x10 canvas collaged with pattern paper and sealed with gel medium. Then I added an image I love.. A very tranquil image of the Tea Garden Bridge in California. The photo was taken by Thea Schrack in 1995. I trimmed the image in brown thin ribbon. I wanted a very natural flow with this project. I added the peace quote (Author Unknown) and trimmed the corner with tiny feathers. I added what used to be a piece for a necklace of two nesting birds on a branch to the center. I trimmed the whole canvas in crushed cork. Keeping with the the antiqued silver of the nesting birds I used silver charms and a skeleton key, along with amber colored beads and glass amber crystals with antiqued small dominoes along the bottom to create just the right finishing touch to the piece. It is exactly as I envisioned it and am very pleased with the end results.


Photo & Art by Kristal © All rights reserved

No comments: